Kidneys Home > Votrient Uses
Votrient is licensed to treat advanced renal cell carcinoma and soft tissue sarcoma. It is approved for adults only, as it has not been adequately studied in children. This medicine works by blocking the action of a certain enzyme that the cancer cells need to grow and multiply. Some off-label uses for Votrient include the treatment of thyroid or pancreatic cancer.
What Is Votrient Used For?
- Advanced renal cell carcinoma
- Advanced soft tissue sarcoma, after other treatments have been tried.
- Stage I: The tumor is small and has not spread beyond the kidneys.
- Stage II: The tumor is bigger than in stage I, but still has not spread beyond the kidneys.
- Stage III: Cancer has spread a little beyond the kidneys, or is found in one lymph node or the main blood vessels of the kidneys.
- Stage IV: Cancer cells have moved beyond the kidneys, are in at least two lymph nodes, or have spread to other areas of the body. Stage IV kidney cancer is sometimes called advanced kidney cancer.