Kidneys Home > Torisel Side Effects
If you are undergoing treatment with Torisel, contact your healthcare provider immediately if you develop confusion, unusual bleeding, or any signs of an infection. In most cases, reactions to this medicine tend to be minor and easily treated. Some of the most commonly reported side effects of Torisel include nausea, a rash, and a lack of energy.
An Introduction to Torisel Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Torisel® (temsirolimus) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who receives the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Torisel. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of ToriselTorisel has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of people receiving Torisel were carefully documented and compared to the side effects that occurred in a similar group of people who were given a different medication. As a result, it was possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compared to the other medication.
In these studies, common Torisel side effects included:
- Weakness or lack of energy -- in up to 51 percent of people
- A rash -- up to 47 percent
- Mouth sores or ulcers -- up to 41 percent
- Nausea -- up to 37 percent
- Swelling (edema) -- up to 35 percent
- Loss of appetite -- up to 32 percent
- Shortness of breath -- up to 28 percent
- Pain -- up to 28 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 27 percent
- Coughing -- up to 26 percent
- Fever -- up to 24 percent
- Abdominal (stomach) pain -- up to 21 percent.
Other common side effects, occurring in 4 to 20 percent of people, included:
- Changes in the way things taste
- Infections, including urinary tract infections (UTIs), respiratory infections, and other infections
- Back pain
- Weight loss
- Muscle and joint pain
- Chest pain
- Nail problems
- Dry skin