Kidneys Home > Prograf Dosage
General Information on Taking PrografSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Prograf include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule and an injection. The capsules are taken by mouth twice a day. The injection is given as a continuous, slow infusion into a vein (intravenously, or by IV).
- You can take Prograf with food or on an empty stomach; however, it should always be taken exactly the same way, with the same amount of time between doses and meals each day.
- Take your doses at the same time each day, 12 hours apart. This helps to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while taking this medicine.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. This medicine will not protect you from transplant rejection if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Prograf dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.