Kidneys Home > Orthoclone OKT3 Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Receive Orthoclone OKT3?You should not receive Orthoclone OKT3 if you:
- Are allergic to it, muromonab-CD3, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Are allergic to any other product or medication of mouse origin.
- Have anti-mouse antibodies in your blood, which are human antibodies (a type of protein produced in the body in response to foreign substances) that react to mouse antibodies. Your healthcare provider can test you for anti-mouse antibodies.
- Have evidence of heart failure or fluid overload (an excess of fluid in the body) on a chest x-ray.
- Have gained more than 3 percent body weight within the week before treatment is to begin (which could be a sign of too much body fluid).
- Are pregnant or might be pregnant.
- Are breastfeeding.