Kidneys Home > Orthoclone OKT3
When and How to Receive ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Orthoclone OKT3 include the following:
- This medication is given as an injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, injection). It is normally given for 10 to 14 days.
- A healthcare provider will administer your injection in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or clinic. You will be monitored closely for serious side effects with each dose.
- You may be given other medications with Orthoclone OKT3 to help reduce the risk for serious side effects.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Orthoclone OKT3 your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Weight (in children)
- How you respond to the medication
- The level of medication in your blood.