Kidneys Home > Neoral Warnings and Precautions
Prior to starting treatment with Neoral, your healthcare provider will need to know if you have any allergies or are taking any other medications. Other safety precautions with Neoral include warnings of an increased risk for developing skin cancer, lymphoma, and life-threatening infections. Also, Neoral can interfere with many other medications and may not be safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Neoral® (cyclosporine) if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Low cholesterol
- Lymphoma, skin cancer, or any other type of cancer
- An infection of any kind
- Plans to receive a vaccine
- Low levels of magnesium in your blood
- Ever been treated with ultraviolet light therapy, coal tar, radiation therapy, or medications that suppress the immune system
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant