Kidneys Home > Inlyta Overdose
Seizures, high blood pressure, and even death could occur if someone takes too much Inlyta (axitinib). Because an overdose can lead to potentially life-threatening complications, make sure to seek immediate medical treatment if you believe you have taken too much of this drug. Treatment options may include administering activated charcoal, "pumping the stomach," or providing supportive care.
Can You Take Too Much Inlyta?Inlyta® (axitinib) is a prescription medication that belongs to a group of medicines known as kinase inhibitors. It is used in the treatment of kidney cancer. As with most medicines, it is possible to take too much Inlyta.
The specific effects of an overdose can vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Inlyta dosage and whether it was taken with any other medicines or substances.
Effects of an OverdoseBased on reports of Inlyta overdoses in clinical studies, possible effects of an overdose may include:
Treatment for an Inlyta OverdoseThe treatment for an Inlyta overdose may vary. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may administer activated charcoal or "pump the stomach" to help reduce the amount of the medication absorbed into the bloodstream.
Treatment for any type of overdose also involves supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. Supportive treatment for an Inlyta overdose may include administering certain medications to lower blood pressure or to treat seizures, if symptoms such as these occur.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have received too much Inlyta.