Side Effects of CellCeptJust like any medicine, CellCept may cause side effects. Like other immunosuppressant medications, side effects can be numerous and potentially serious. Although not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems, most people will experience some type of side effect during CellCept treatment.
Common side effects of CellCept include but are not limited to:
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Swelling of the legs, ankle, and feet.
(Click CellCept Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsCellCept may react with a number of other medicines (see CellCept Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Lymphoma, skin cancer, or any other type of cancer
- An infection of any kind, including a viral, fungal, or bacterial infection
- Plans to receive a vaccination
- A weakened immune system due to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other cause
- An ulcer in the stomach or upper intestines (peptic ulcer) or other digestive problems
- A rare hereditary deficiency of hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRT), such as Lesch-Nyhan or Kelley-Seegmiller syndrome
- Phenylketonuria (PKU), a rare genetic disorder
- A history of hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see CellCept and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see CellCept and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click CellCept Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)