Drug Interactions With Azasan
Before prescribing Azasan, it is important for your healthcare provider to be aware of all other medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are taking. There are a few other drugs that could cause potentially serious interactions when combined with Azasan. Some of these products include aminosalicylates, ACE inhibitors, and warfarin.
An Overview of Azasan InteractionsAzasan® (azathioprine) can potentially interact with a few other medications. Some of the products that may lead to drug interactions with Azasan include but are not limited to:
- ACE inhibitors, such as:
- Benazepril (Lotensin®), benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide (Lotensin HCT®), or benazepril-amlodipine (Lotrel®)
- Captopril (Capoten®) or captopril-hydrochlorothiazide (Capozide®)
- Enalapril (Vasotec®), enalapril-hydrochlorothiazide (Vaseretic®), or enalapril-felodipine (Lexxel®)
- Fosinopril (Monopril®) or fosinopril-hydrochlorothiazide (Monopril-HCT®)
- Lisinopril (Prinivil®, Zestril®) or lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide (Prinzide®, Zestoretic®)
- Quinapril (Accupril®) or quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide (Accuretic®, Quinaretic)
- Ramipril (Altace®)
- Infliximab (Remicade®)
- Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim (Bactrim®, Cotrim®, Septra®, Sulfatrim®)
- Warfarin (Coumadin®, Jantoven®).